Jackbox titles are available digitally in a wide variety of storefronts. This means giving the gift of a perfect party just takes a few taps of the finger! No need to find a hiding spot in the closet. No more searching for old newspaper to use as wrapping paper. It’s a digital item as pricelessly unseeable as an invisibility cloak.
If you REALLY want to make use of your tape and scissors, physical copies of The Jackbox Party Pack 7 are available from select retailers. You can find a full list here.
Read on for how to gift Jackbox games in the storefronts you know and love.
How To Gift Jackbox Steam Codes (usable on PC/Mac computers)
In the official Jackbox Games shop:
1. Visit shop.jackboxgames.com and select the title you are interested in.
2. Add the title to your cart and follow the steps to make your purchase.
3. After your purchase is complete, you’ll receive an email with a PDF that includes the Steam code and instructions for how to redeem. You can forward this to the gift recipient or print it out and add a card or wrapped gift!
NOTE: You can also enter the gift recipient’s email instead of your own when making your purchase. They’ll be able to see the receipt, however, and they might not recognize or be expecting the email they receive. If you go this route, we recommend letting them know in advance so they know what to watch for!
We also sell gift cards in our official shop if you want your gift recipient to be able to choose the game they want.
In the Steam store:
Previously, it was possible to send a game in the Steam store to anyone with an email address including instructions for how to create a Steam account. Now you must know your gift recipient’s Steam account info before you begin the gifting process.
1. Make sure your gift recipient has a Steam account. If they don’t, they’ll need to set up a new account and download the free Steam client. You’ll need their Steam username once they do this!
2. You as the gifter ALSO need a Steam account setup. Once both of you have a Steam account, go to the Friends menu and select Add a Friend. Search for their username.
3. Invite them to become your friend. When they accept, you’ll be able to give them a game.
4. Locate the Jackbox title you want to give them in the Steam store. Select Add to Cart. If you already own the Jackbox game (Huzzah for you!) you’ll see an option above the “Buy” option that says, “Buy this game as a gift for a friend.” Select that.
5. Select Purchase as a gift.
6. Choose the gift recipient from your list of friends. You have the ability to schedule when they will receive it if you want to get ahead of the game!
7. You are able to personalize your gift by adding a name and message. Once you’re done, select Continue and follow the steps to make your purchase. Once your gift recipient has received their game and accepted it, you’ll receive a notification.
How To Gift Jackbox Titles for Xbox
You can send a gift over the Xbox Network by adding your recipient as a friend on Xbox or using their email address.
1. Navigate to the Store tab on your Xbox console.
2. Search for the Jackbox title you would like to give as a gift and open its store page.
3. Choose the “Buy as gift” option.
4. From here you can either Choose from your list of Xbox friends and select the Gamertag of the person you want to send a Jackbox game to, OR you can enter their email address. Make sure the email is correct: You can’t change it later!
5. Choose your payment method.
6. Select “Buy as a gift” to finish your purchase.
How To Gift Jackbox Titles for Apple TV, Mac or iPad
You can gift items from the App Store or iTunes store from your mobile device or from your computer.
Gifting from an iPhone or iPad:
1. Open the App Store app or iTunes store app.
2. Search for the Jackbox title you want to give.
3. Look for the Share button and tap the Gift icon.
4. Follow the instructions to personalize your gift and make your purchase.
5. Once you’ve sent your game, the recipient will receive an email containing a prompt to redeem it.
Gifting from Your Computer:
1. Open the iTunes Store on your Mac or PC.
2. Search for the Jackbox title you want to give.
3. Click the arrow button next to the price to see the sharing options.
4. Select “Gift this item.”
5. Follow the instructions to personalize your gift and make your purchase.
6. Once you’ve sent your game, the recipient will receive an email containing a prompt to redeem it.
How To Gift Jackbox Titles in the Nintendo eShop
It isn’t possible to send a specific game as a gift in the eShop. In order to givea digital game, you will need to purchase a Nintendo eShop gift card and include our titles as a suggestion for how the gift card should be redeemed!
We recommend printing out a picture of the Jackbox title you want to give and including it with the gift card. Here’s a link to some images from our press kit!
How To Gift Jackbox Titles in the PlayStation Store
It isn’t possible to send a specific game as a gift in the PlayStation store. In order to give a digital game, you will need to purchase a PlayStation Store gift card and include our titles as a suggestion for how the gift card should be redeemed!
Here are some helpful resources you can share with your gift recipient to help them have the perfect game night: