We care about our streaming community and their freedom to express themselves and engage with their communities while playing our games.
As long as some basic rules are followed, we have no issue with streamers sharing gameplay footage and/or screenshots captured from our copyrighted games. To help explain what is OK and what isn’t, we have prepared the following guidelines:
1. You may create, upload, livestream, and monetize videos on online live streaming websites using our games, but only using the authorized Monetization Methods (such as advertising and partner programs of live streaming services and available to the public for free). Other forms of monetization of our intellectual property for commercial purposes are not permitted (including providing access to our content for payment of any kind) or licensing our content for a fee of any kind.
2. You may only use content within our games which has been officially released to the public (unless you have been invited by us to play games before release in an early look video or via an early access code), or from promotional materials officially released (such as product trailers). But please do not post spoilers which ruin the experience for others.
3. If you want to use the intellectual property of a third party (e.g. music) together with our gaming content when streaming or creating videos, you are responsible for obtaining any necessary third-party permissions. All music within Jackbox Games titles has been created in-house by our team. You do not need special permission to share the game’s audio when playing our games. But game soundtracks may not be posted or distributed separately and/or apart from game footage.
4. You are not permitted to imply or state that your videos are officially affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed, or approved by us unless prior written approval from us is provided.
5. We reserve the right to remove any content that we believe is unlawful, infringing, inappropriate, or not in line with these Guidelines at any time.
We will update these Guidelines from time to time. Please refer to the latest version before sharing your content.
We hope that the above Guidelines are clear. If you still have questions, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions set out below:
- What content is acceptable under the Guidelines? Additionally, what content is not acceptable?
We encourage you to use gameplay footage and/or screenshots in videos and images that feature your creative input and commentary. However, you may not simply upload or livestream an existing video, or a copy of content created by someone else without their express permission. And please do not post spoilers.
- Do the Guidelines cover video uploads or livestreams as well?
These Guidelines cover both uploads and livestreams.
- What exactly are the “Monetization Methods” as referred to in the Guidelines?
Streamers can monetize their streams on services such as Twitch (e.g. the Twitch “Affiliate” or “Partner” programs) or YouTube (advertising or subscription revenue). Please see our Terms of Service for more information on monetization.
- Can I sell content that I create and upload or livestream on a sharing service if it includes your content or other creator content?
No, you may not sell any videos, music or images that you have created using our content or any other unauthorized IP content of a third party.
- What about corporate entities, do the Guidelines apply to them?
The Guidelines are only applicable to individual streamers. If you are a corporate entity and interested in streaming our games, we ask that you first seek written permission from us by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Will there be cases where we will remove content from sharing services?
Yes, we reserve the right to remove any content that we believe is unlawful, infringing, inappropriate, or not in line with these Guidelines. In some cases, we may take down videos on behalf of our third-party partners and Terms of Service.
- What do you mean by content that is “unlawful, infringing, or inappropriate”?
Examples of unlawful, infringing, or inappropriate content includes some of the following, although these are given for guidance only and there may be others as set out in more detail in our Terms of Service:
- Content that infringes any of our intellectual property rights, our developers or any other third party intellectual property rights;
- Content that violates any applicable laws or regulations; or
- Content that features pirated software.
Still have a question about these guidelines? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.