This year, we launched our Ambassador Program. We received almost 1,000 applications! We learned a lot during this trial run of the Ambassador Program.
We noticed there were some people who were gaming the system and earning rewards for bogus entries (boo!). That isn’t fair to our community. We want this process to be transparent and honest. For this reason, we’re going to be closing out the current Ambassador Program at the end of the month, and launching version two of the Ambassador Program with all of the learnings that we have acquired.
We want to find the people in our community who are best fits for this program. Whether it’s playtesters, streamers, college students, and other influencers in our community who are passionate about Jackbox and our games. Our ambassadors can look forward to special perks, depending on their level of interest and involvement. This includes special Jackbox Games Ambassador t-shirts, membership cards, early access codes to unreleased games, and even the potential to get a special thanks credit in future games!
If this all sounds good, fill out this application. We know many of you are sick of forms by now, but it really does help us to better understand who you are. We’re ditching the automated processes from before and really getting in there to find out what your story is and how we can work together.
What qualities are we looking for in an ambassador?
- We’re looking for someone who is passionate about our games. We want to work with people who understand our brand and can represent us at events and online.
Do I need to have a lot of followers to qualify?
- We’d be lying if we said that we don’t look at follower counts. We also recognize that numbers aren’t the full story. If you’re someone who is focused on growing and passionate about our games, we want to work with you. We have a combined incentive to make sure that your brand is as successful as possible.
I haven’t heard back from you guys. Did I do something wrong?
- It’s not you, it’s us. We do read through every application and fully vet accounts to see who would be the best fit for our Ambassador Program. This takes a long time. If you haven’t heard from us, there are a variety of ways to make your profile stand out. Engage with us on social media, or send us an email explaining why you think you’d make a good fit. Check out this example email for some insights on what we’re looking for. Our DMs are also open!
How do I get a free Jackbox game?
- We usually reserve free game codes for streamers in our Twitch Team or special folks in our community. This could be you! Even if you have a small following on Twitch and aren’t eligible for the team, we will still do our best to reward you for playing our games by giving you a code.
Do you do paid sponsorships?
- This isn’t something that we do a whole lot of, so it will help us greatly if you make your case for a sponsorship in your application.
What is going to happen to the higher point value rewards from the original Ambassador actions promotion?
- We want to make sure that the process of receiving these higher tier rewards is as fair and as thorough as possible. These rewards will be reserved for higher touch Ambassadors that we identify through this new pathway to earning the title of Jackbox Games Ambassador.
I never received my reward from the previous actions that I’ve taken?
- This is a big reason why we’re moving away from the automated promotion. If you still haven’t received a reward such as the Discord role or voice channel access in our Discord, please reach out to our support team at help.jackboxgames.com with your information including your Discord ID (example: name#1234).
Do I have to live in the United States to participate?
- We welcome all of our international fans to apply! We are limited in how we can reward our non-US based ambassadors, but we’ll work to find ways to make your experience as enriching as possible.